Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Avocado Green Hell

I need to paint my master bathroom.  We are most likely putting the house up for sale in the next year and we need to start getting the house ready and updated.  However, we have NO BUDGET to do any substantial remodeling.  My bathroom is troublesome.  It's a sea of avocado green.  Avocado green sinks, avocado green vanities, and an avocado green tub and surround.  These are going to have to stay.  We don't have the budget to replace them.  So, paint.  But what color do I paint the bathroom so it doesn't look like it's right out of a bad 1970's TV sit-com?  Wait.  Let me show you:


This is my half.  Paul's half is exactly the same on the other side of the mirror.

I've googled and googled.  I've collected paint chips.  I've looked at designer books.  I know I have to paint the base cabinets, but I think white is out.  It would really make the vanity top color pop out.  That is what I DON'T want to happen.  I also don't want to paint the walls green.  I've read that to lessen the impact of a particular feature, you should add more of the same color.  YUCK.  No, I don't want to do that either.  So.  I'm looking for suggestions.  I'd REALLY like Paul to re-tile the floor, but we'll see if he has the time and patience for it.

I see alot of this combination.  I just don't know what to do with it.


I don't really want to paint the walls a dark color because the room is already dark AND I do want to stay somewhat neutral for potential buyers.

I'm more drawn to this color combination.



Anyway, I'd love to have your thoughts.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Derbear said...

A lighter, green for the cabinets would be nice. Then an even lighter custard for the walls. That's my suggestion. I like the avocado...now I'm hungry.

Paul said...

LOL