Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cool Pool Party

Today we went to visit Uncle Charlie and Aunt Dina.  They bought a new house.  This one has stairs AND a pool.  Yesterday, when we told the boys we were going to Uncle Charlie's house, Christopher got a big grin on his face and patted his chest saying. "Uncle Charlie is my best friend!". :-) 

The day was a success.  Charlie had bought the boys arm floaties and they were magic!  They spent the whole day in the pool and terrorizing their poor dog, Maggie.  Sean cried when we finally left because he didn't want to leave Maggie, but they were soooo tired.  They fell asleep in the car and didn't wake (thankfully) when we moved them to our bed when we got home.

Little mishaps today were:
1.  Sean woke up from his nap crying.  I asked him what was wrong and all he said was "Maaagggggiiieeee".  We're going to have to get them a little dog.
2.  I guess in an effort to redirect his attentions from his lost love (Maggie) he turned to Blackie and tried to hug him.  Blackie bit him.  BAD BLACKIE.  Sean cried. 
2.  I slipped at Charlie and Dina's and turned my ankle.  I was fine at their house, but when we got home I couldn't put any weight on it.  I don't think it's broken (I hope).

 
The boys swimming on their own
  
The day ended with a surprise!  The boys are obsessed with fire trucks and ambulances.  They loudly emulate the sound often.  So, Paul noticed that there was a small parade going down our street late this afternoon and that the firemen were letting the kids "tour" the trucks.  The boys got to crawl around inside and get their picture taken with some of the Dallas Firemen. 

What a great day!

No comments: