Tuesday, September 24, 2013

House For Sale

Paul and I have been working hard to get our house listed for sale.  We worked day and night and spent a bit of money to stage it properly.  I think it looks fantastic!  Now that we have it up for sale, it looks like we've always wanted it to be.  Ironic.  I know.

Here is our listing, for as long as it's active.  BUT I wanted to massage the pictures just a bit and have them forever as a record of where we lived when the twins were born.  Maybe one day they'll care!

Coldwell Banker listing:
http://11906woodbridgedr.cbapex.com/

Ebby Halliday listing:
http://www.ebby.com/property/22434395/11906-Woodbridge-Drive-Dallas-TX-75243-5026


The Philips Residence 

2007 - 2014?

We live in the Woodbridge Estates in Dallas, Texas.
 
The front of the house has a circle drive.  I love this neighborhood because most houses have this type of circular drive and it keeps the cars off the streets.
 
We have a side garage entry which I love so much.  I prefer not to look at the garage door from the front of the house, but it's a personal preference.  The fence was one of the things that sold us on the house.  It's extra tall and solid!
 
One of the other things that sold us on this house was the incredibly huge backyard.  Paul practices golf back there.  Not kidding.  He does. 
The other side of the yard has a HUGE tree that give tons of shade and helps keep the utility bills down.  There is also a storage shed and a play yard for the kids.
 
The first thing you see when you enter through the front door is the Living Room.  It's huge.  There is a stone fireplace, wood laminate floors (we have dogs and toddlers), high ceilings and built-ins on the far ends of the room.  I love it.  There is an atrium that brings in tons of light.
 
The kitchen is large too.  Paul and I did a lot of work in here from the original kitchen.  We painted the cabinets, retiled the floors (slate), counter tops, and backsplash, painted the walls, and replaced the old appliances with new, stainless steel ones.  This might be my favorite room in the house.  I love the arched windows that look out to the front lawn.
 
The formal Dining Room rarely gets used since we tend to eat in the Eat-In-Kitchen or in front of the television or on the run. :-)  I found that beautiful Chandelier at the outlet store in Allen for $40.00!!  The table and chairs were my Maw-Maws.  I think she would approve of it here.
 
The Eat-In-Kitchen.  It opens up to both the Kitchen and the Living Room.  We retiled (slate) the floors in here and painted the walls the same color as the kitchen.
 
I call this room the Den.  This truly is where we spend most of our time.  It's large and it opens up to the backyard.  This room is connected to the Living Room by the Bar.  When the twins were babies it housed diapers and formula instead of wine and beer.  We called it the Baby Bar. :-)
 
  The house has 4 bedrooms
We separated the twins and gave them separate rooms this year so they would go to sleep instead of wrestling all night.  The "guest" room has a lot of light and the boys call it 'Maureen's Room" since their Aunt Maureen stays here when she comes to visit.
 
The Master Bedroom is large.  Just about every room in this house is large!  There is room for a sitting area and a door that leads out to the backyard.
 
Do I need to say it?  The Master Bathroom is LARGE.  We have back-to-back vanities, a soaking tub, a separate shower and 2 walk-in closets.  It's so big that Paul and I never see each other in here!
We painted the cabinets with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I swear I will never paint with anything ever again.  This stuff is AWESOME and I love the look.  Easy on and easy to clean off.
 
 
Well, there is the tour.  I love this house and I'm sorry we need to move.  My parents live in Rockwall and we are needing to be closer to them. 
 
"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  ~ Dr. Seuss