Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Drives to School


Most days Paul takes the boys to school in the morning and he sends me a little "how the boys did on the way to school" email.  I love these and look forward to them every morning as I sit at my little cubicle at work.  I decided that the boys may one day find these funny so I'll start to post them.  I've collected all the ones to date (how can you delete these emails??).


6/7/13
Chris moaned and groaned until we got to NW highway and then he hugged me all the way into school. Sean was fine until we were almost to Lovers Lane when he realized he had Chris' bottle and not his. I did a yoga move while driving and he was good. That is all. Lub you foreber.  

6/10/13
Sean ran to the front door of the school this morning. Chris required a lift from Dad. They were great on the way to school. Love you, :o)  

6/11/13
The boys pretended to be different animals on the way to school. They made the animal's sound and I had to guess what they were. Every morning should be like this one on the way to the New school. Love you, :o)  

6/12/13
Chris sang a few songs on the way to school. Sean looked at him and that caused a slight uproar of spitting and yelling. Then they proceeded to serenade me with animal sounds and spotting of baby police cars and baby ambulances. Love you, :o) 

6/17/13
Good boys this morning. The rain apparently crackles when it hits the 4Runner. I had them both stand up in the 4Runner and wait for me to open the door while I got out with the umbrella so they could both get out on one side under the umbrella. They did exactly what I asked them to do and of course I had to carry the two of them into the school with their blankets and holding an umbrella too. Anyway, they're fine. Love you, :o)  

6/18/13
Neither one of them ate any of their food this morning on the drive to school so I threw it out in the parking lot for the birds to eat. Sean was fine and ran into school and Chris of course had me carry him all the way in. Other than that they were great. Love you, :0)  

6/19/13
Sean talked about the cars in his book he read on the way to school. Chris was asleep before I pulled out of the garage. He was snoring on the way to school. Sean walked into school as usual. Chris woke up when I unbuckled him and then he slept on me until I set him down in a chair and a table. He looked at me, then put his head on the table, and went back to sleep. I told the girls he'd been up since 4:00a.m. Sean didn't have a care in the world. I felt sorry for Chris and have considered going and getting him after my exam and just bringing him home. He might be better off with the routine of school but I don't know. I guess I'll just wait and see if the school calls and tells us to come get him if he's not feeling well. That's about it. I'm tired and I know you're exhausted too. Love you, :o) 

6/20/13
They got to see a few ambulances and fire trucks plus lots and lots of cranes on 635. Traffic sucked but Sean gave me a hug and a kiss before I left school. Chris just buried his head in my neck until I set him down and then just sat on the floor to watch video. Love you, :o) 

6/25/13
Both of the boys were great going into and out of Target. Sean talked about his toys on the way to work and Chris added his own commentary.  

6/26/13
Nice ride to school this morning with the boys. Sean didn't like his Cheerios but liked Chris' cheerios.   He asked me to hold his bowl driving down the road. Chris had plenty in his bowl when we got to school and I let them both get a handful before carrying them into the school. Sean said his tasted bad. But somehow the cereal Chris had tasted good.  Love you, :o) 

6/27/13
Quiet ride to school this morning. Kids just talked to each other and mimicked Woody sounds as Sean pulled the string on the toy. Love you, :o) 

7/1/13
Sean played with his toys all the way to school. Chris spilled his cereal all over himself but recovered without crying. Chris was very subdued when I dropped him off but after I paid and signed them in the two of them were digging through the books in the big room while the rest of the kids were watching TV. Also, the school is not closed on Friday so we can drop them off and I can go play golf or something. Love you, :o)

7/2/13
Chris was cranky half way to school. He didn't want anything to eat but he ate his cereal. He didn't want anything to drink but he drank his milk. He finally turned into the kid we love while Sean just talked about all the things he saw in his book.  

7/3/13
Sean was a sweetheart all the way to school this morning. Chris, well, was Mr. Cranky until we got to Mockingbird. He wouldn't eat his cereal or drink his milk. When we got to school he shoved all the Cheerios he could possible get into his mouth and then grabbed another handful. He got that shoved into his mouth while I carried him into the school. Sean of course was just Sean and held my hand as we walked into the school from the parking lot. Hope you're feeling better, :o) Love you 

7/8/13
Stopped by the UPS store to drop off the golf clubs and they were closed when they were supposed to be open at 8:00. The boys were not impressed. They had a little arguing with Sean being the aggressor on the first round of the long match that ends sometime tonight. Chris shoved as many BooBerries as he could into his mouth and hands before he got out of the car while I had to hold his milk so he could drink it and chew them all at once. Sean just looked at him with amazement. They were fine going into school. I found a UPS store near the school after I dropped the kids off so that's one less thing I have to do today. Love you, :o) 

7/9/13
Chris got to sit on mommy's side and he was a happy kid all the way to school. Sean drank all his milk and ate all his food and was proud of doing so. No problems with them at all this morning. Love you, :o)

7/10/13
Chris spilled grape juice all over himself with a sippy cup that I'm throwing away, the ones with the handles, and had grape juice all over his butt, his shirt, and me. I changed him at the school and he was happy and was running around telling everyone he had new clothes. Sean was a good boy and drank all his milk again today and the worst of the drive was the two of them arguing over whether a bus is a regular bus or a bus bus. Love you, :o)

7/16/13
Chris got upset because Sean got into Mommy's side before he did. He settled down though. Other than that they were both fine. Lub you, :o) 

7/17/13
Sean started saying "boingy" repeatedly and after a few minutes of this constant repetition Chris started screaming at him. I wanted Chris to stop screaming and Sean just kept it up so I had a golf hat in the front seat and I used it as an extension of my arm to pop him to get him to stop. He stopped and didn't say another word until we got to school. He just sat in the car like he was in a daze when I was getting him out. He finally started acting normally when I got them into the school. Chris on the other hand never shut up after Sean stopped saying "boingy." Nothing like the previous screaming but it was a weird ride to school. Love you, :l) 

7/18/13
Sean gave Chris half of his cinnamon toast and then Chris gave Sean his juice. Sean said they were sharing. Love you, :o)

7/22/13
We watched all of Jake and the Pirates then went to school. No problems at all other than some guys sitting in the parking lot at the school listening to rap and smoking while his wife/girlfriend/sister applied for a job at the school. The boys do not like the smell of smoke. Love you, :o) 

7/23/13
Chris got to sit on Mommy's side. Then threw a minor fit because he couldn't see his pink yogurt milk. I had to open it and show it to him at a stop light then he was happy. Sean proceeded to see lots of cop cars, cement trucks, etc. Now if my sinus headache would go away I'd be happy. Love you, :o) 

7/29/13
Sean wanted to listen to music this morning on the radio. After I turned it on they were both quiet all the way to school other than Chris wanting candy because Sean got a sucker for peeing in the toilet before we left. I got him one and neither of them ate any of their cereal. I also got your lunch bag too. Love you, :o) 

7/30/13
Chris didn't like it that Sean's sippy cup had a straw. Sean didn't like Chris wearing Sean's sunglasses. Chris drank all his yogurt milk Sean didn't. Other than that not much else going on with them. Love you, :o) 

7/31/13
We stopped and got gas on the way to school. Chris was in a frantic point at everything and ask daddy what is that mode. Sean was more relaxed and kept talking about Up. Sean also decided that Chris had a nose wreck last weekend at Cabelas. Chris corrected him and said that he had a crazy nose. Love you, ;O) 

8/1/13
The 4Runner stunk like hell from the lawnmower in the back. The kids were okay with it because it made noises as we drove. No outbursts or anything that was a real problem, except Chris held onto me for dear life when we entered the school. He didn't want me to let go of him. Rina picked him up and babied him so he was okay when I left. Love you, :o)

8/5/13
Chris was wired all morning and I had to put a diaper on him because he wouldn't go pee. He didn't want to go to school at all. Sean was quiet and wasn't a problem. My throat is sore so I'm sure my sinuses have been busy screwing around with it. Love you, :o) 

8/6/13
Sean was very quiet driving to school. He was fine though. Chris asked me every question he could think of and repeated them until I answered every time he said, "Daddy, ....?" Love you, :o) 

8/8/13
Everyone was fine going to school. They both ate almost all of their pop tarts down to one bite when they decided they didn't like them. Chris spit up some yogurt milk just as we got the door of the school so I had to change his shirt and clean mine as well. The two of them decided to run from the car to the door. Of course they stopped halfway there and they both did their crab arms above their heads to “hold you” routine. So I picked them up and carried them both the rest of the way. Just as I was setting them down Chris just spit up the yogurt milk. I think his belly was full of pop tarts and he just spit up what wouldn't go down. Other than that they were okay boys today. Love you, :o) 

8/26/13
Sean wanted to feed the birds with his cereal when we got to school. Chris threw some of his to the birds but left the rest in the car. Chris did not want to go to school after I set him down in the big room. He cried a little bit and had that I'm really upset look on his face. One of the women hugged him and I came over and talked to him for a little after I paid for the week. He was still sad looking when I walked out and I felt bad for him. But what can you do? Love you, :o) 

8/27/13
The boys were little angels and decided to feed the birds their cereal at school. Then they kept calling out for Birdie and Gertrude to come eat all the way into the school. They didn't get upset this morning as they had toasted raisin bread ready for them.

8/28/13
Another day of little angels on the way to school. Love you, :o)

8/29/13
The kids were fine going to school and they had pancakes and syrup waiting for them in the big room. Love you, :o)

8/30/13
Both boys were happy to tell me that they were going to lunch with you. Apparently they think I’m now their personal chauffeur because I'll be picking them up to take them to your office where I'm supposed to drop them off. Anyway, I'll call you when I pick them up and head over to see you. Love you, ;o)

9/3/13
Both kids were full of questions driving to work. Chris didn't want to go to school and Sean insisted that I carry him all the way into the big room too. They both threw their leftover cereal to the birds and then called out for Birdie and Gladys to come eat it before going up the sidewalk. That's about that. I didn't sleep well last night for some reason, probably from mowing the yard. Love you, :o) 

9/5/13
Nice quiet drive to school with little infighting or screaming. A few fire trucks with their lights on tends to settle down any sibling rivalries. Love you, ;0) 

9/6/13
Boys laughed all the way to school because I made duck sounds whenever they asked me questions. Of course Chris got tired of it and said his ears hurt so I stopped. Ms. Connie said they were moved to the other class because they're the oldest and now they're in a class with kids their age. Love you, :0)

9/9/13
Ms. Martha would not let Sean have his diaper on when we got to school. So I had to change him before I left. She seemed kind of pissy to me but I changed him and didn't say anything. The kids were fine and they were eating cereal with milk when I left. Love you, :o)

9/16/13
Kids were fine going to school and were excited to see the sparrows eating their cereal they threw out when we got to school. Hope your sugar levels are way down this morning. That's about it. Love you, :o)

9/17/13
The kids got grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast at school this morning. Chris was really excited and Sean was his typical subdued early morning self. Remind me they need baths tonight. Love you,
 
9/18/13
Kids were worried that the Sun wasn't coming up today with all the clouds. We stopped to buy gas and the kids and I had a nice talk while we waited. They feed the birds and got sausage biscuits for breakfast at the school. Love you, :o)

9/19/13
Sean played the "I'm ignoring Chris" game and Chris started yelling at him. I had to tell both of them to stop it. They both relented and the drive to school was fine. They got banana nut muffins for breakfast today. Love you, :o) 

9/20/13
The kids were very smart and good this morning. They both wanted to feed the birds but I asked them if we could do it this afternoon when it stopped raining and they said okay. Then I unbuckled both of them when we got to school with all the doors closed to the car. I got the umbrella ready and they both climbed into the driver’s seat and got under the umbrella without getting a drop on them. Of course they both had to hold the umbrella but we made it into school without anyone getting soaked. Love you, :o)

9/23/13
Nice ride to school with Chris on the edge of getting upset because he couldn't see the Sun coming up. He finally saw it and was happy. Sean dropped his bitamin and wanted desperately for me to stop the car in traffic, get out, and find it. He settled for me finding it at school. Other than that they were fine. Love you, :o) 

9/24/13
Chris was still ranting about going to see Alice halfway to school. Sean was just being a good kid and asking me lots of questions even after he explained to Chris that it was Chris' turn to go to Austin. Chris then decided he was worried that the Sun would not come up and that distracted him until after we bought gas and the Sun came up. Of course he said that he knew the Sun would come up. Sean fed the birds with his fruit loops but Chris dumped his on the floorboard and then got upset that he didn't get to feed the birds after I cleaned out the cereal before he started stomping on it in the 4Runner. He got over it pretty quickly and they got grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast. That's about it. Love you, :o) 

9/25/13
Chris got upset that his toilet paper roll broke. He tore a tiny piece of cardboard off it and you'd have thought it was the end of the world. He finally settled down when the Sun came up, again. Sean just talked about the blue dog and the Cone of Shame. They got pancakes at school for breakfast. Love you, :o)

2 comments:

Cristy said...

TLDR - haha
The ones I did read were very cute and nice that Paul does this for you :-)

The House Enthusiast said...

TLDR?