Monday, November 12, 2012

A Hard Day

 
Sunday was rough.  We've got one sick kid with a stomach virus and one kid with a black eye.  All on the same day, of course.
 
Yesterday morning Chris woke us up very early crying.  Paul went to get him and put him in our bed so we might all get a little more sleep.  He laid down for just a minute or two before he started whimpering.  I rolled over to cuddle him and heard a little gurgle.  I sat up to get a better look at him and he threw up all over the spot where my head had been seconds before.  Paul and I had been thinking about buying a new mattress.
 
 
After we got him cleaned up and our bed stripped and sanitized, we went out to Mom's so she could stay home with Chris while Pop, Sean and I all went to "church skool".  
 
A little before it was time to eat lunch Sean took a tumble.  No one actually saw it, but he'd been dragging one of mom's brass teapots around and it has a sharp spout.  He started howling so I ran into the living room to see what happened.  When Sean looked up at me his right eye was covered in blood.  I think I went into a little bit of shock.  I picked him up and ran into the kitchen chanting "I'm not going to freak out.  I'm not going to freak out" over and over again.  Mom was there so she helped me clean off his face to see the damage.  He had a nasty scratch along the top part of his eyelid but his eye was fine.  Thank GOD.    
 
 


Chris was still sick today so Pop came to stay with him during the day.  Sean's eye is still swollen and red, and we're watching it carefully. 

3 comments:

Jill J. said...

Bless his heart! Now that's a booboo!!

Jill J. said...

A big booboo! I only saw Chris on Sunday, I guess. Poor guy! Now it's recorded so he gets credit forever for a real black eye!

Paul said...

They're both better now. They're back to fighting over which car they go to school in, who sits in which safety seat in the car, what video they want to watch, etc....