Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Starbucks Daily: The Nerve!!


I go to Starbucks every morning.  While I'm feeding my addiction I see a lot of different people doing questionable things.  I wonder if this happens everywhere people gather of if it's simply caffeine deprived people waiting to get their fix.  I've seen people cut in line at the drive thru - so rude.  I've seen women (sadly, it's always women) get to the order counter and then have to ask 50 questions while the line behind them is out the door.  Once I saw a man go through the drive through so they could fill his water bottle... with water.  The other day I ran into a woman who was talking to her pre-teenage boy and after every comment, hug and kiss she gave to him she looked around to try and make eye contact - with ANYONE.  That was uncomfortable.
 
Today I saw a fight.  Well, a confrontation.  I hate confrontations.  Even ones I'm not a part of.  While I didn't see the original act that started this altercation, it was pretty clear what happened. 

As I was waiting by the pick-up counter for my Venti, half-caf, non-fat, no whip, 2-pump Mocha, something caught my eye and I looked out the window.  There was a man standing with his car door open, wildly gesticulating to a man in an SUV backing out of the adjacent spot.  It would appear that the man in the SUV had done something wrong and the man frantically waving his arms and shouting was trying to get his attention.  Seriously, the man was either about to take flight or maybe he was just Italian.  Anyway, I thought that the SUV was just going to leave, but I suppose the man making a scene got his attention because he circled the parking lot and came back.  They had words and the SUV parked across the way, right next to my car.  Great.  I was going to have to walk by that Cluster.

It seems that the wronged man calmed down and that they were just going to exchange insurance information so maybe this was just a very animated morning.  I got my coffee and turned to leave, checking their progress and noticed that the man who had been making all that fuss was WRITING ON MY CAR!  SERIOUSLY???? 

What had happened is that the man saw a ding on his car door and assumed the man in the SUV did it.  He was so irate that he flagged the man down and demanded his insurance information which he copied onto some paper using MY car as his desk.   The SUV driver politely redirected the man OFF my car and onto his own with a wink to me.  I smiled at him and then asked God to give the man a medal!

The nerve of some people... 

1 comment:

Jill J. said...

Awesome. Felt like I was there! And I've seen the water bottle thing too! With my road rage combined with massive impatience I probably shouted some profanity at him and blew my horn. Thus making everyone else at sb feel uncomfortable!